I absolutely LOVE a good seasonal bruschetta and this one with fresh, tart golden berries was a really delicious spin on one of my go-to small plates.
I fully recognize that you might not be able to find goat Gouda – I had never seen it before now! You could easily swap that out for a brie, camembert or goat cheese and it would be equally delicious.
Golden Berry Bruschetta
- 1 cup of golden berries or gooseberries diced
- 2 slices of toasted Italian ciabatta bread
- Thinly sliced Spring Koe goat Gouda from Whole Foods
- 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. organic maple syrup
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
- sauté golden berries in butter on low-medium heat until caramelized (about 7-10 minutes)
- add maple syrup, stir and remove from burner
- place a single layer of thinly sliced goat Gouda on each piece of toasted ciabatta
- split caramelized berries between the two pieces of toast
- add a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- serve immediately
Leave a Reply