One of our favorite things to do in the summer is smoking meat & fish on the pellet grill (really all year long, but ESPECIALLY during the summer). I am constantly trying to come up with fresh and creative side dishes to pair with it and pasta salad is definitely one of my go-to’s.
I don’t really ever use a recipe – I usually just wing it, but this one was worth saving and making again (and again)!
Greek Pasta Salad with Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
WHAT’S IN IT…
1 box Banza rotini
1/2 large cucumber (diced)
1 cup multicolored mini tomatoes (diced)
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup Greek dressing
1 can organic chickpeas
Garlic-infused olive oil
3 tbsp organic shelled hemp hearts
Fresh ground black pepper
HOW IT’S MADE…
ESTIMATED TIME: 25 minutes
- Wash and dice cucumber & tomatoes and store in refrigerator until needed.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and then pat them dry. Toss with one tbsp garlic-infused olive oil and season lightly with coarse salt.
- Cook in air fryer at 425° until crispy, tossing regularly (approx. 8-10 minutes). Let cool to room temperature.
- While chickpeas are roasting, boil water and cook pasta according to instructions on box. Once pasta is cooked, rinse under cold water and let dry.
- Combine pasta, roasted chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, dressing & hemp hearts. Season with black pepper to taste.
- You can serve immediately or let marinate in the refrigerator before serving.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to three days.