For over 60% of Americans, coffee is an essential part of our routine, providing us with a host of health benefits and the fuel to support our energy levels throughout the day.
But with hundreds of coffee brands, gadgets, drink recipes, etc., choices can be overwhelming and it’s easy to fall into making a simple cup of joe at home or spending entirely too much on a hand-crafted coffee drink from your local barista.
As a member of the daily coffee drinkers club, I am here to tell you that you can make an insanely delicious coffee at home that fits within your budget and doesn’t take much time or effort. Take a look below for pro tips, favorite products and helpful resources.
Choosing high-quality coffee is essential.
Whether you brew large batches of coffee or just a single cup, choosing high-quality products is the most important factor in the overall quality of your cup of coffee.
Here are some of my favorites.
- Cafe Bustelo Espresso Style Dark Roast K-cups
- Gevalia French Roast Dark Ground Coffee
- Lavazza Perfetto K-cups
Did you know that as of the end of 2020, 100% of Keurig K-cups are recyclable? Check with your local recycling facility to see if they accept K-cups as a part of their recycling program. If you’d prefer to create less waste, refillable K-cups are a fantastic option and you can fill them with any coffee grounds you want.
Add in extras to create the perfect potion.
Some people like their coffee black. I am a firm believer that coffee is best served with a few additional ingredients to make the ultimate morning beverage.
Here are a few great add-ins that can boost your brew.
- CBD: I take CBD daily in the morning and have found that adding it to my coffee eliminates any caffeine jitters I would normally have. I use Nuvita CBD’s Full Spectrum CBD Oil – not only do they have high-quality, potent and organic products, but they also give back.
- Creamer: A beautifully thick and fluffy layer of foam on the top of your cup is truly what dreams are made of. My body does not appreciate when I use real milk, so I usually opt for almond milk creamer. To get the perfect foam, be sure to check out the Instant Milk Frother. I use it daily and it has been an absolute game-changer.
- Spices: You can add a variety of different spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and others to enhance the flavor profile of your coffee. If using ground coffee, try adding a little bit of cinnamon to the grounds before you brew – you will not be disappointed!
The right tools can completely level up your coffee game.
Just like there are many different kinds of coffee, there are many different tools you can use in your coffee prep. Here are a few essentials and some more unique tools to add to your collection.
If you love coffee like I do, drinking a cup (or two) in the morning can absolutely make your day. There are a lot of ways you can make a relatively inexpensive and still delicious from the comfort of your own home. I have my favorite things that I mentioned above, but a lot of the fun in coffee is trying things out for yourself and having fun with it! You’ll slowly (or quickly) figure out what you love and then you’ll have something awesome to look forward to each morning. Enjoy!